Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Norwegian Wood"



"Memory is a funny thing. When I was in the scene I hardly paid it any attention. I never stopped to think of it as something that would make a lasting impression, certainly never imagined that 18 years later I would recall it in such detail."

"A gentlemen is someone who does not what he wants to do but what he should do. "


Well those are my favourite lines taken from the novel as titled. Guess what, I finished the book, little-old-not-so-bookworm me managed to finish all 11 chapters, approximately 400 pages of a novel in 6 days.

I "can't especially" say that this book is the greatest for the fact that I am not a heavy novel reader, hence I cannot compare it to any other. I liked the language though. This piece by Haruki Murakami managed to keep me busy for a week, thumbs up. When I wanted to borrow the book, I was fairly told that along with its beautiful flowery words, it also contains 18sx-ish stuff. I laughed at that moment. Oh boy was I surprised by the way the writer wrote on "those" scenes when I finally found them! Very detail indeed LOL .

It's basically a story of 3 friends which complicates somewhat to a triangle love and the plot deepens and conflicts came from every angle. There's this character I liked in this novel, the way he speaks - Nagasawa. Reminds me very much of my classmate from secondary school. I laughed alone reading his dialogues.

Personally, I know this is made as a story, a novel, but personally for me, I wouldn't have gone for a friend's girlfriend. Even after the friend died. But who am I to say all these. We may plan all we want but Allah has better plans for us. So let's say if I were to be in the shoes of Toru Watanabe ( I really like his name hahahhaaha ) , I wouldn't go for Naoko , but then again I wouldn't bump into Midori if I didn't huh?

4 comments:

shue_fearless_gurl said...

yeayy finished it??!! hahaha
i like storm trooper.hehehe

Lan said...

storm trooper hilanggggg... next book please ? :)

Timothy said...

which high school friend? teo? ahahahaha

Lan said...

who else? teo lah !