Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Best of Me





Its so hard to say that

I'm sorry,
I'll make everything alright
All these things
that I've done
now what have I become
And where'd I go wrong
I don't mean to hurt,
just to put you first
I won't tell you lies
Im sorry
I will stand accused
with my hand on my heart
Im just trying to say



Im sorry
it's all that I can say
You mean so much
and I'd fix all that I've done
If I could start again
I'd throw it all away
to the shadows of regrets
And you would
have the best of me



I know that
I can't take
back all of the mistakes
But I will try
Although it's not easy,
I know you believe me,
'cause I would not lie
Don't believe their lies,
told through jealous eyes,
they don't understand
Im sorry
I won't break your heart,
I won't bring you down
But I will have to say



Im sorry,
it's all that I can say
You mean so much
and I'd fix all that I've done
If i could start again
I'd throw it all away
to the shadows of regrets
And you would
have the best of me



Im sorry
its all that I can say
You mean so much
and I'd fix all that I've done
If I could start again
I'd throw it all away
to the shadows of regrets
And you would
have the best of me

No comments: